If you’ve considered getting a little non-surgical cosmetic work done, but hesitated because you’re afraid of needles or discomfort, you’re not alone. Juvederm, Perlane, Scupltra and Restylane have awesome cosmetic benefits but the question many people ask is, do these procedures cause serious discomfort?
Fortunately, the answer is no. Today, a number of non-surgical facial procedures can be done with little or no discomfort, thanks to local anesthetics that numb one or more areas of the face beforehand. Lidocaine is the one most frequently used by plastic and cosmetic surgeons.
Lidocaine blocks pain signals, relieves swelling
Your dentist uses Lidocaine as as a quick and simple way to numb the mouth prior to potentially painful dental work. Likewise, plastic surgeons have found that it’s an excellent local anesthetic for injections. Lidocaine blocks the pain signal sent by the nerve endings on the skin in response to injections of the dermal filler solution. Patients quickly feel the anesthetic taking effect, and numbness kicks in.
The Benefits of Lidocaine for facial cosmetic procedures
- Reduces or eliminates pain when the doctor is injecting into sensitive facial tissue
- Minimizes tissue swelling that occurs when solutions are injected subcutaneously (underneath the skin)
- Without swelling, the doctor can resculpt and correct the targeted areas of the face with more accuracy to get the most attractive, natural looking result
- Patient can relax during the procedure
- When used during longer procedures – filling in the cheek area, for instance – it eliminates the need for general anesthesia
Several of the new dermal fillers even come pre-mixed with Lidocaine.
At Cosmedica, Dr. Benchetrit your plastic surgeon in Montreal and his team, offers a wide range of fillers with lidocaine and currently is having a special on fillers.
Look out for our monthly specials for APRIL
Accent Special – Buy package get two treatments free – expires April 30, 2010 -Buy a package of 6 ($1500) treaments and get an additional 2 treatments for free
Ultrashape and Duet Specials–SPECIAL! 10% OFF* on your first treatment*Offer expires April 30, 2010 certain conditions apply.
Thermage –Save 20% on your first Thermage treatment*
*See details, certain conditions may apply
Disclaimer: This blog or article is for information purpose only, and should not be treated as professional advice or price protection guarantee.